Edit Power Pages code with Visual Studio Code for web
Visual Studio Code for the Web provides a free, zero-install Microsoft Visual Studio Code experience running entirely in your browser. With this feature, we will be enabling you to make lightweight code changes quickly and safely to Power Pages code.
This feature provides the following capabilities during public preview:
- Edit web page code from Pages workspace
- Header template code from Pages workspace
- Edit custom CSS code from Styling workspace
Visual Studio Code for web integration highlights
With Visual Studio Code for web integration users will have
- Lightweight but powerful source code editor for Power Pages code editing
- Visual Studio Code extensions to improve coding experience
- Simplify code updating experience. As changes save directly to respective environment in comparison with desktop experience where you require to run download/upload commands.
- First-time load may take some time as Visual Studio Code for web will be installing the required extensions for this feature.
- This feature utilizes “Power Platform Tools” as a web extension. Web extensions are restricted by the browser sandbox and have limitations compared to normal extensions.
- Power Platform CLI is not supported.
- Power Platform Tools web extension features are limited to Power Pages’ code editing experience.
Edit web page code from Pages workspace
When you open the Power Pages design studio, you will see Edit code option in the Pages menu1 and the upper right corner of the screen2.
Edit header template code from Pages workspace
Edit custom CSS code from Styling workspace
We are looking forward to your feedback
Your feedback will help us continue to build on and improve the capabilities of this feature. We want to hear from you!
For Visual Studio Code for web integration feature details, see the documentation.